Okay since a lot of people around here don't understand how "Reserved Slots" work I though I would give a simple explanation to how they operate:
First if you donated, but didn't receive your slot yet, don't panic. There's automation that automatically adds you into the list, but if you feel it's taking too long please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get to it ASAP.
Now this is how the slots actually work:
1. There is only 1 reserved slot out of the 32 total player slots, and the server tries to maintain a maximum of 31 players at all times.
2. When the server fills up to 32 players, it will begin its cycle of kicking 1 player at a time to return the server to 31 players.
3. It kicks the player with the highest ping that doesn't have a reserved slot.
4. When there is 32 players, it will tell "EVERYONE" including those with reserved slots, that the server is full. Not even the great all mighty DeUltimaPunisher can enter.
5. To join the server, under these circumstances, you simply select the AUTO-RETRY feature with the option to Join the server as soon as a player slot is available.
6. When the server does its cycle and kicks the player with the highest ping and no slot, you will be fired into the server and become the new 32nd player.
7. If two people joint at the same time, you may get the short straw, in this case, simply try #5 again until you get in.
I hope that clears things up for everyone, if you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM or Email.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests