Upload demos

Discuss issues or anything you need help with here. Please keep it computer/game related.
f64

Upload demos

Post by f64 »

Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I posted, but I'd like to know how/where I may upload a demo to? :confusion-scratchheadblue:
a43

Re: Upload demos

Post by a43 »

typically sourcebans. however if you go to to post, immediately below where it says save draft, submit, and preview if you click the attachement tab it will allow you to upload files.
f64

Post by f64 »

Upload to SourceBans? OK. I was really hoping that admins here can review the demo rather than relying on the SourceBans people.
My only experience with them was years ago when my clan decided to use them instead of admin votes and/or my bans so I submitted a no-brainer,
hack demo in which a clan member was precisely aiming/killing enemies through thick fog from across the map.

NO ban, LOL. I have zero confidence in their ability. That's when I quit that clan and have never joined another.

I have a hack demo of a player and I don't make accusations unless I'm 100% sure. I will get some more if possible.
Here's the link to demo #1.

BTW, if anyone has a demo and you would like my unbiased opinion on, you may upload it Here. I haven't tested
the upload feature yet, so let me know if it's not working.

And thanks for using my pure_server_whitelist.txt to stop the mathacks. :text-thankyoublue:
bmh

Post by bmh »

WE are the SourceBans people. The demo gets uploaded to there (which is our website) and one of us reviews it. SourceBans is just a part of our server administration tools that we use. There's no company called "Sourcebans" that handles the banning. I think you may be confusing it with VAC which is Valve's anti-cheat system and I know very few servers that don't use it along with any other anti-cheat plugins that are available.

You can read more about SourceBans here - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthrea ... de&t=61000
I die a lot!

penis
f64

Post by f64 »

Interesting. :obscene-drinkingcheers: Well, no disrespect to you or anyone here. It was probably 11 years ago when I had a bunch of demos to submit and I chose the first one, which I felt would be a slam dunk ban, but may in fact never have been reviewed at all. I had to use fog_enable 0 to see what this guy was doing and sure enough he was perfectly scoping on enemies through the fog and he didn't have admin rights to enable cheats on the server.

I'm not confusing VAC with SB. Many of my server bans on [=1=] were VAC banned much later. As they say, it is a delayed ban system.

In the old Steam forums I was quite active in the DOD:S section regarding sv_pure and the server whitelist. I'm also very knowledgeable about mapping and modeling and scripting for SourceMod. My brother and I wrote a script (v2), which we have never uploaded to SourceMod that enables servers to allow custom models, objective icons, weapon models (world/view), and much more, all without the restraint to force players to download anything. It is an optional download, if you chose to allow a download, separately. This contrasts with all the popular model changing scripts and is much more efficient, server-wise. In fact, it's the same way Steam does it. The only caveat about it is that you have to ensure, beyond ANY doubt, that the person who signs the prepared .vpk files is trust worthy enough to not use it maliciously. Because this person has the master key and could create any custom files they wanted, which would be allowed for whomever had them.