Photo/video editors Help?

Title says it all
Shakira

Photo/video editors Help?

Post by Shakira »

This is to the photo and video editors of BKW and community ...

Im looking to build a new laptop..something relatively cheaper and descently light weight to travel around with and also so i can do on site fast edits to give the photos to people...
Will be using Cannon...5dmkII..along with lightroom and CS5 photoshop....Will be looking at vegas hd studio...(the lighter weight version im not making a full length feature film on the laptop just quick editing...

My main rig i have right now is Phenom x6 1090t with crosshair form 4 mobo crossfire 5770s (xfx for warranty)
and its fast have an ssd and 3TB of storage space already so this will be of course going back west with me to flagstaff..
So i have an editing station ready to go ....

but i will be travelling around alot more and im looking at getting something that i can do alot more than using my netbook.....i did find a free program for my netbook to edit photos with (just like photoshop) But the atom n550 is not that great to do editing on...not until the new intel atoms come out later this year..

So what im looking at is something
15.6 inch...
descent processor and ram (can buy more ram to get more from it heard the more ram the better for photoediting and rendering....)
video card to support maybe 1080p(i really dont care for 1080p on the go the screen will be matte of course for glare puposes ....

so ideas what does eveybody use on here for laptops and such
i hear lenovo has a great line of ideapads with the 2nd gen icores ....
Hippie Killer

Re: Photo/video editors Help?

Post by Hippie Killer »

My main question for you is...are you set in stone about using Vegas? I have allot of experience with it and allot of others editing software and Vegas is crap. If you are looking for something that is versatile and with allot of plugins that isn't attached to final cut and Apple then look to Adobe premier. That is what we used to edit the vast majority of our last two flicks. Plus you can plug in things like Magic bullets colorista and Boris continuum. And while I can neither confirm nor deny But I may or may not have a torrent you can use for the entire CS5 suite plus all those plug in and more hint FUCKING HINT
Shakira

Re: Photo/video editors Help?

Post by Shakira »

Not really at this current stage im stuck on vegas because im waiting to see what computer i can get to use for the tethering process.....
Ill look at premiere and such torrents are nice but being a student helps alot to (price drops at microcenter amazing i love it )