GAME ALREADY RUNNING[UI FAIL]/ARTIES OUT

Discuss issues or anything you need help with here. Please keep it computer/game related.
ARTIE-SHAW

GAME ALREADY RUNNING[UI FAIL]/ARTIES OUT

Post by ARTIE-SHAW »

Well, It was fun while it lasted,, I run the game, but does not flip to fullscreen and play. HL2 runs and about 6 steamwebhelpers,,, but that's it.. LIBRARY says its running, get a ALREADY RUNNING popup when I try again. END PROCCESS TREE on HL2.exe will close it,[and in steam], NOT USING "TREE" but just end procc will not close it in STEAM[but ends hl2.exe]. No audio[load hit on main screen], its only using HL2.EXE and WEBHELPERS, so it stops somewhere before the UI flip to 3d[Hardware excelleration]
I have [first time ever] UNINSTALLED [0-o] and re-installed the game. getting same results[also many reboots before I figured to use tree].
SO! REBOOTED, UNINSTALLED, TOPIC SEARCHED. I got nothing but maybe [TIME](Bleh!) or [NEW MACHINE](UUUuggh..) or..... [NEW TIME MACHINE](Schweeet!!)

But, Yeah,, If you have overcome this in the past, let me know.
Frustradtedly Yours, ARTIE-SHAW -former player
ARTIE-SHAW

Re: GAME ALREADY RUNNING[UI FAIL]/ARTIES OUT

Post by ARTIE-SHAW »

WIN7 HOME PREMIUM, AMD A6 3650, 2.6GHz, 8gb RAM, .................. AND G0T D4MNIT , I HAVE ONLY INSTALLED CLOCKWORKS[FOR MOTU MIDI INTERFACE EXPRESS XT,(USB MUSIC STUFF)NOT CONNECTED, NOT RUNNING..
ARTIE-SHAW

Post by ARTIE-SHAW »

RANDOMLY WORKING, GAVEUP, WENT TO EAT, 18hours , but now works...
Johnny Tapia

Post by Johnny Tapia »

Looks like you tried everything I would have suggested. Glad it started working normally again.
SEMPER FIDELIS!
Space_M0nkey

Post by Space_M0nkey »

Artie I'm in the same boat. Amd windows 7 too. I think it may be windows ill know by tomorrow. For the time being, I end task, end the process then am able to start the game. Yeah this really sucks but it works. Also I set the launch options for day of defeat to -32bit. I dont know it may help.
phyrr

Post by phyrr »

For this I just rapidly click the game within Steam and it starts up just fine. If I just run the icon or simply double-click, it'll have hl2.exe and a rundll32.exe running. End both tasks and click the name rapidly 405 times in Steam.

It's not technical, but it works 95% of the time for me.