I am officially single

General discussions
dirtbox

I am officially single

Post by dirtbox »

Well, it's Valentine's Day weekend and guess what happened to me? My boyfriend broke up with me, on Valentine's Day. He will never commit, and I've always known this about him. He wants to be able to do whatever he wants, and I've never told him no. We were together for 5 years. I still love him and want to be with him, and apparently he does not feel the same way anymore. He says he wants to be friends, but nothing more. Because a relationship is not worth it to him. He doesn't want to have to work on a relationship. Not even ours. The most difficult thing is,... We live together. How am I supposed to switch to "friendship" mode when I live with him, and want more from him? This is so hard :?
hypra

Re: I am officially single

Post by hypra »

move out girl and spread your wings.
dirtbox

Post by dirtbox »

I would LOVE to, but unfortunately I cannot afford to :( So, I'm kindda stuck....
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

if moving out isn't an option, definitely live in different rooms and try to live your own life (I know that is harder than it sounds) and just treat him as a roommate.
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

Frostbite wrote:if moving out isn't an option, definitely live in different rooms and try to live your own life (I know that is harder than it sounds) and just treat him as a roommate.
Agreed!
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

hey if you're still living in sd, i know a few places in/near pb that are 725-750....
-Sarge.Xr

BkW // ZtluhcS =HH=

Post by BkW // ZtluhcS =HH= »

Well if you ever want to move to the Oregon side of the country Mrs. Schultz and I have a couple of extra rooms.

:devil
RUNNING AND GUNNING HAVING FUN KILL KILL KILLING SINCE 9/2005
CanisFamiliaris

Post by CanisFamiliaris »

Sorry to hear this Dirt....and it's a tough living situation as well. Although some would think it's not that hard to stay in the same house, it truly is. Just don't let him take advantage of situation as being "friends with benefits". You can also rub it in a bit if he brings someone else home by introducing yourself as his "ex-girlfriend". Other girls will have second thoughts about him.

For a place to move, check roommates.com, they have listings for all citys. You may be able to find something through them. Another one to check is move.com, but those are generally apartments or houses for rent.
Anthony
aka CanisFamiliaris
If you ain't dying, you ain't trying

dirtbox

Post by dirtbox »

Thank you all for the words of encouragement! But, stupid as it may seem, I guess we're not broken up??? He said he was sorry and all that jazz,... yada yada yada :violin: Anyways,... Being the "sucker" that I am :eusa-whistle: , lol I forgave him and we're on again....
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

MISTAKE I've also been the sucker, and It fucked me up hard! I'm still not over it! And it's been bout idk...7moish
dirtbox

Post by dirtbox »

What can I say,.... The man takes care of me :icon-wink:
CMDRRABB

Post by CMDRRABB »

Most MEN do take care of the women in their lives. It's only the few that stroke the women along. If he was a real man he would never put you through that up and down staircase. Yeah sure problems pop up from time to time, but you don't drag, finger point and demenor your loved one. He's a jerk for doing that to you. My advice...look around, move out and be happy. Find someone you won't have to worry about this shit with.
[img]http://blitzkrieg.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/324_random.png[/img]
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

HUGE mistake. I would definitely recommend going out and finding another place. He might seem like the best option now, but a good guy wouldn't do that to you, and you can find one.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LMAO :lol:
jinjaben

Post by jinjaben »

dirtbox wrote:Well, it's Valentine's Day weekend and guess what happened to me? My boyfriend broke up with me, on Valentine's Day. He will never commit, and I've always known this about him. He wants to be able to do whatever he wants, and I've never told him no. We were together for 5 years. I still love him and want to be with him, and apparently he does not feel the same way anymore. He says he wants to be friends, but nothing more. Because a relationship is not worth it to him. He doesn't want to have to work on a relationship. Not even ours. The most difficult thing is,... We live together. How am I supposed to switch to "friendship" mode when I live with him, and want more from him? This is so hard :?
Dirt...I am in the process of divorce to my woman of nearly ten years...im not going to go into details but if you are not happy you have to make a change one way or another. Life is too short to be unhappy and settle for something just because you are use to it....thats the way I feel.

Im not gonna tell you what to do but I thought I would share that inspiration with you so you arent stuck watching feminist inspirational movies on the lifetime network :)
ImageImage
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

Zooks24

Post by Zooks24 »

hey dirt long time no see, im currently going through the same shit. im stuck here for 7 months in a lease with my now EX, all i know is dont go for the sucker move
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
~George S. Patton~