Battlefield Bad Company 2

General discussions
CMDRRABB

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Post by CMDRRABB »

Does anyone have any feedback on this game? I have all the other BF series except 2142 and didn't mind them at all. However I never did get BF Bad Company, so I don't know what that's like or if this is going to be the same. I know EA sucks and the last group I was with had problems with the server side/engines running the game. They basically wanted to set up commands and other stuff, above me, that I didn't get into and just took there word on the complications of the server. They also didn't like the unlock features either, but I'm looking for feedback about the game, if it's worth $50.00 bucks or not and if was anything like BF2. Thanks.
[img]http://blitzkrieg.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/324_random.png[/img]
COUGAR_BAIT

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

I hated BF2 But loved BFDC!!!! BC 2 Beta is fucking sick, Ssteven and I are stuck on that shit!!! ahahah It's a lot more fun then I thought it would be!!
CMDRRABB

Post by CMDRRABB »

Same on BFDC for me too! I have all the Mods on another hard drive, with patches, but I'm to damn lazy to re-install all that shit. Bad Company 2 I know nothing about so I wanted some feedback before crapping out the 50 bucks they want for it. Thanks for the imput. :text-thankyouyellow:
[img]http://blitzkrieg.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/324_random.png[/img]
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

physics are fairly decent, some engine issues, for a closed beta it's solid..update your latest video drivers...It's fun, different! More of a squad game! farely realistic, not arcade, like DoD!! looks tight when you blow shit up, you can distroy buildings!!

You're welcome, Sir!!

One of these days, you can join Ssteven or I in a game! I gotta upgrade...but we trade off time to time!
HAiKU

Post by HAiKU »

I'm not really enjoying BF:BC2 Beta. It plays to much like CODMW2 QQ
I'll be back playing BF2 probably. Dolphin diving doing flips and shit!
Words are sweet, but bullets kill.
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

Whoa you better ask your mum first! You might get grounded!!
Stef

Post by Stef »

Stef reporting in to give my 2 cents.

What is BC2 you ask?

- A team based "Wow I totally just killed a full helicopter transport 10 meters from the landing pad by suiciding into a tree, next stop the AIR FORCE RECRUITING OFFICE!!! WOOO!!!"

- A semi - realistic shooter "WHY DOES THE BULLET NOT GO WHERE I WANT IT!!!?? I WANT IT INSIDE HIS SKULL". This will be adjustable, as hardcore servers with "realistic" damage will be available on release, even in regular servers a head shot is still a head shot.(ie. It shits the pants of your enemies upon entry.)

- Vehicle combat is well balanced and built to play in the context of roles in the broader range of combat "Sweet a tank!" Congratulations every Dick, Joe, and Dimitri with a rock has you; the asshole who grabbed the tank right away when he spawned, as his target. Sweet sweet game balance.

- A full upgrade and leveling tree that unlocks equipment and new weapons for all your combat needs. DOD players take note, there is a garand, a colt 1911, and a tommy gun in the game and they are awesome. (No word yet if we'll see some Nazi weapons and memorabilia).

- You may need to upgrade your systems, and update drivers. Hardware is cheap enough even us Canadians can use our monopoly money for it. (Which is great, cuz now I can use my Canadian Tire money to purchase stuff other then foreign hookers.)

- Buildings Collapsing and shit, you trying to plant a bomb on that site? Snipers stopping your bomb planting golory? Why don't you go and .. DESTROY EVERYTHING IN A 12 MILE RADIUS!!! WATCH IN JOY THE LAMENTATION AND WAILING OF THEIR WOMEN!

I hope that helped you make your mind, if it hasn't my name is Stef
hypra

Post by hypra »

i am unimpressed. i bought it cuz gonzo hyped it up for me. playing it (on hd monitor and hd gcard) the game looks ok. they should know that cod set the bar. it should meet those standards or surpass them in my opinion. the combat is ok... bf is one of those games that takes time to get use to. which is stupid...because almost all the fps's i play (new and old) i can jump in and kick ass right away. ive also been dealing with a lot of compatibility issues (game wont run over steam... game wont start unless i run it under admin... i couldnt move when i first started playing... and on and on). my system is current and high end (win7 i7 x58 5870) which is why i may be running into issues. hopefully coming out of beta a lot of things are fixed.... i'd also like a map count so i know what im looking at in the future.

be it as it is, i dont offer my stamp on this game yet