introducing myself and asking a question

General discussions
pete

introducing myself and asking a question

Post by pete »

hiya

I'm pete, I've been playing on your server for well over a year now and have loved it. I'm 26, going back to school for a BS in Mech Engr. and work as a math tutor. I played cal-i/cevo-p dod:s and cs:s. Went to the CGS draft and shit like that. Used to be really serious about vijya games. Not so much anymore. I play to blow off steam by doing something mindless.

the question: why do I seem to get banned at random times? I genuinely feel like sometimes I get banned for no reason and just wish I had a reason to go with the ban. I was just kicked from the server a few minutes ago for shooting into spawn I'd imagine, but there were 4 dudes standing right outside of spawn shooting at me and I was shooting at them. What should I do, just not shoot at em? On the map (Dust 2), if you say that US shouldn't shoot at Germans until they're out of spawn, then Germans can easily post up and kill anyone who tries to cross at Long A (if you know the CS:S terms). But after that, I came back in and a few minutes later get banned. Why'd that happen?

Cheers,
-pete
Mongo

Re: introducing myself and asking a question

Post by Mongo »

You were told multiple times not to sit in spawn and shoot out or launch your grenades in them. You persisted so we dealt with you. Now that you are aware of what you did wrong we expect you to start listening to admins and follow our rules. You think after a year you would know this.
NiPPleTwEEk

Post by NiPPleTwEEk »

pete I was also there and well a lot of other admin was playing to, I came on this server a little over 3 years ago I myself was warned the response from the admin(s) at the time was read the MOTD if you have any questions just ask an admin that is present. I learned in under 3 days what was right to do and not right to do. another thing is 2 wrongs don't make a right, and good point mongo a year on the server and pete you really have not learned much. see you when your ban expires.
pete

Post by pete »

I do not have voice enabled. If you told me verbally not to do something, I didn't hear it. But nobody typed anything. Check the server logs. I understand the rule and I wasn't shooting into spawn unless I was missing another guy hanging out right outside of spawn behind the sandbags.

Maybe not having voice enabled is why I've been banned before as well. I've seen a few admins type to me and I've reacted accordingly, but those times are few and far between.

Anyways, I'm now able to use headphones again so I'll enable voice. No microphone though. Sorry.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

See you in game when your ban expires.
Kriegs<>Schwein

Post by Kriegs<>Schwein »

pete i think your very lucky that youll be allowed back on to the BKW server after your 1 wk. ban ! In total you have so far 6 BANS !! 3 for ignoring admins and 3 for spawn shooting . :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Splatted!!!!!

Post by Splatted!!!!! »

Pete should breath and start over.... WOOSAH..... :violin: Try to make a new image for yourself.