Spawn Shooting

General discussions
DeUltimaPunisher

Spawn Shooting

Post by DeUltimaPunisher »

I am personally sick of the Spawn Shooting rule for the following reasons:

1. I am getting sick of listening to admins complain 100 times a map about it.

2. Admins seem to spend more time enforcing this rule than playing at times.

3. The rule solves nothing! People do it any way, and it actually opens up players to become the victims of these offenders. Just because they can't fire back, due to fear of being kicked/banned too.

4. Because I do it! If I see some fucker taking aim at me from spawn, fuck him! I'm going to blow his god damned head off before he gets a chance.

5. The true spirit of the rule is to stop players from being killed as soon they spawn, but we have 3 seconds of spawn protection to avoid this. So there is no need for the rule at all.

This rule has become nothing but an annoyance for me, and actually ruins my game play. Like seriously sometimes I don't come on the server because I really don't feel like listening to this crap being repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, and have it solve absolutely nothing. All it does is create a new problem, that in my opinion is even more annoying than getting shot by someone while jumping out of my spawn every once in awhile.

I have decided to eliminate this rule from our books. I am open however to the idea replacing the rule with a no spawn camping rule or something similar. If someone sets up a MG on an enemy spawn unfairly mowing everyone down, or some bone heads are just camping in spawn. Then I can understand, but I'm getting so sick of admins going on about how you can't even shoot before you hit the ground. "JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY AND LET ME ENJOY MY GAME AGAIN!"
COUGAR_BAIT

Re: Spawn Shooting

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

That's fucking stupid! So...They're allowed to shoot from spawn...cool...NOT
DeUltimaPunisher

COUGAR_BAIT wrote:That's fucking stupid! So...They're allowed to shoot from spawn...cool...NOT
Don't just say it's stupid, explain why it's stupid or SHUT THE FUCK UP! :angry-banghead:
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

IT'S STUPID

For as long as I've considered, then applied, then was a whore, it's always been DO NOT SHOOT FROM SPAWN...it's even on the MOTD!!! for fuck sakes! IT'S STUPID!
DeUltimaPunisher

COUGAR_BAIT wrote:IT'S STUPID

For as long as I've considered, then applied, then was a whore, it's always been DO NOT SHOOT FROM SPAWN...it's even on the MOTD!!! for fuck sakes! IT'S STUPID!
WOW! How insightful, well that changes everything now doesn't it? :angry-tappingfoot:
semtex

Post by semtex »

Not that anyone cares but I agree with punisher. with the spawn protection if you want to leave spawn you can without getting sniped and if you want to stay in spawn then you can expect to get sniped. Its a continual pain in the ass trying to admin ppl for spawn shooting. for the most part anyway
Doeshk

Post by Doeshk »

semtex wrote:Not that anyone cares but I agree with punisher. with the spawn protection if you want to leave spawn you can without getting sniped and if you want to stay in spawn then you can expect to get sniped. Its a continual pain in the ass trying to admin ppl for spawn shooting. for the most part anyway
ImageImage
Rediseal

Post by Rediseal »

Just wondering if there has been people in the past that have been perma banned for this rule. Do they get unbanned?
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

I only have a problem with the spawn shooting when someone sets up and just starts mowing people down as they come out or if someone is sitting in spawn shooting out. Other than that I don't care
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

my two cents is we should definitely have something to prevent people from setting up tents in spawn and shooting out of it. and as you said, especially with mg's. but this will probably alleviate a lot of stress for admins seeing as how that is the main worry for most. plus, there will definitely be a lot less bans!
-Sarge.Xr

bavarianmonkey

Post by bavarianmonkey »

Can we still admin/kick/ban for re-spawning to get more nades?

There are one or two players who do this often and have been banned/kicked for it, only to return and do the same thing.

And are we grandfathering previous bans for this? If not, there's a few players I'll have to unban.
So stehen wir im Kampf allein
Durch Blut geschweißt sind unsre Reih'n.
Den Blick nach vorn, die Faust geballt!
Die Straße dann von unserm Schritt erschallt.

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

i would have to say respawning for more grenades/ammo would have to part of the exploiting rule...which as far as i remember is a no go!
-Sarge.Xr

bavarianmonkey

Post by bavarianmonkey »

Just a little more clarification...while you can cap someones head as you leave spawn - is it ok for someone to STAY in spawn now? This usually relates to orange maps where the spawn area is a platform and the enemy can stay up there for pretty much the whole map.

This is what most admins usually warned for in the past.

DeUltimaPunisher

Rediseal wrote:Just wondering if there has been people in the past that have been perma banned for this rule. Do they get unbanned?
I would hope not, I would think a perma-ban would be a little harsh, and if any admins did perma-ban people for this, please go into Sourcebans and lift it.
bavarianmonkey wrote:Just a little more clarification...while you can cap someones head as you leave spawn - is it ok for someone to STAY in spawn now? This usually relates to orange maps where the spawn area is a platform and the enemy can stay up there for pretty much the whole map.

This is what most admins usually warned for in the past.
Well that's why I made this post, because I wanted to start the discussion on how we should replace the rule, if we should at all.

I'm basically asking you guys to help me solve this situation. I'm just sick of hearing admins whine about this crap all day long. We have spawn protection now, and that takes care of the spirit of the old rule.

I personally feel if they can shoot you, you can shoot them. What's the big deal unless it's unfairly being done? The only situation I can think of where this would happen is if someone sets up an MG on the only spawn exit, and the spawn protection of three seconds wasn't enough to let people kill him/her.

I don't think we should make any new rule at all, a better solution might be that I give all you guys the slap command back, if you all promise not to spam the command and fly around with it anymore. That way if it bugs ya that much, have fun and slap them around, so you can relieve some of rage. But should we be warning/kicking/banning for it? I say no...

I know I will still be lighting pussies on fire that cower away in their spawn and setup MGs on it. Yes it bugs me, and I will make their life harder. I just don't think they should be kicked/banned from our server just for being such pussies.

Remember my golden rule "HAVE FUN!" I just don't think enforcing such rules is how our admins should be spending their time. I just want to enjoy the game, I'm not here to be an officer of the law.
bavarianmonkey

Post by bavarianmonkey »

Alrighty, going to lift some of the bans.

So if I'm reading this right :

Shooting from spawn is allowed when :

Defending yourself or teammates
Defending a flag
Shooting someone as they run by spawn

Not allowed :

Staying in spawn and not leaving while killing enemies
Staying in spawn to get more nades/switch classes

This leads me to my next question, is it ok to shoot INTO spawn and nade INTO spawn?

:violin:

DeUltimaPunisher

bavarianmonkey wrote:Alrighty, going to lift some of the bans.

So if I'm reading this right :

Shooting from spawn is allowed when :

Defending yourself or teammates
Defending a flag
Shooting someone as they run by spawn

Not allowed :

Staying in spawn and not leaving while killing enemies
Staying in spawn to get more nades/switch classes

This leads me to my next question, is it ok to shoot INTO spawn and nade INTO spawn?

:violin:
NO, I'm saying there is no rule at all right now, and I'm looking for suggestions on replacing it.

What I'm saying is that personally people not getting out of spawn bugs me, so I will be calling them pussies and burning them to get them moving. It's not a rule, nor do I want it enforced. I'm saying I am willing to give you guys back smack, so you can smack people around and make their lives harder if it bugs you too.

This re-spawning to get more nades thing has never been witnessed by me, so it can't be that big of a problem. Their is no rule against it, but feel free to smack goofs like that around for fun if you like, but please don't kick/ban people for it; there is no rule against it.

As your last question, even though there is no rule against it, I think it's rude. So once again, I will burn people who do it to me. If I see it, I might say something like come on, jack ass. BUT I would not kick/ban them for it.
The Jesus

Post by The Jesus »

My thoughts:

1) Spawn Camping should not be allowed, this includes both camping outside of an enemy spawn AND camping inside of your own spawn and shooting out. This covers the list of shit some of you have posted. Just keep it simple, no camping in spawn, or outside of enemy spawn. T

2) Nading into enemy spawn should not be allowed at any time.

3) The grenade restocking glitch should still be illegal. Not sure what it has to do with spawn shooting/camping.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

The Jesus wrote:My thoughts:

1) Spawn Camping should not be allowed, this includes both camping outside of an enemy spawn AND camping inside of your own spawn and shooting out. This covers the list of shit some of you have posted. Just keep it simple, no camping in spawn, or outside of enemy spawn. T

2) Nading into enemy spawn should not be allowed at any time.

3) The grenade restocking glitch should still be illegal. Not sure what it has to do with spawn shooting/camping.
agreed
-Sarge.Xr

Triggerhappycanadian

Post by Triggerhappycanadian »

If i may add something. I noticed from my time playing here that alot of the time the admins can't enjoy the game. they are babysitting the rest of us as either some idiot sits in spawn or shoots into. I think the rule should be taken away with some pieces still in effect.
No mg's in or out.
no nading in.
no running back in (once your out your out dont be a pussy fake bullets won't REALLY kill you)
No camping in spawn (if you shoot out cuz your backed into a corner then do it. but fight your way out, not sit and pitch a tent)

As well there are other things i missed but i think a small list that keep people moving out and up from spawn while being about to fight their way out of it is a good idea. Really it's where ever you want to lay the line.

BOB: Trigger Happy Canadian
lilchub

Post by lilchub »

im fine with getting rid of the no shoting out of spawn rule because it gives us a chance to fight out especially on maps where you are pinned way back. But this should be limited to running to the lip of the spawn exit crouching firing off a clip at most and then pushing out, no proning on spawn exit.

I do however believe that there should be no nading into spawn where there is a clear difference between the spawn and the actual playing area(other examples being some orange maps where there is no spawn ramp it just opens straight up). I believe this because some maps the 3 second timer isnt enough to get out of spawn, especially if its a spawn exit that takes a second to navigate. this can become a pain in the ass and an annoyance. keep the nades at the foot of the spawn ramp exit and out of the spawn itself.
ZERO604

Post by ZERO604 »

both rules have there cons and they are very similar, for one: if we r now allowed to shoot from spawn there will be a problem with catching the ppl using it as a shield and using it to reload health/ammo/nades. there will also be a problem with being hypocritical in the fact that if someone sets up a big ol' mg so they can mow us down right wen we leave after our protection is off we will not be able to ask them not to do that because its cheap. On the other hand it will be nice to lessen my reputation on bein the server complainer, lol :P, by being able to not yell at the kdr worrying bitches who cower in spawn like the "hardcores" or the asian/european ppl who dont even speak english in the first GD place. I rlly dont care wat the outcome is from this discussion but i still would like there to be NO NADES in spawn thats the only thing i dont want changed with the spawn rule thingy
im gonna cut u so bad u..u..u gonna wish u aint been cut so bad
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

so it appears that everyone is in agreement with no nades into spawn, and no mgs into or out of spawn?
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Ultimate, Once you have made up your mind on the rule can you please edit the rules page and add/remove so every one can be clear on what the final decision is?
Danke.
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

I agree with Mongo, just decide and change the rules...and For Jesus or whom ever does MOTD that needs to be changed soon :-/
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

HALLOWEEN MOTD!!!!
rickyrescue

Post by rickyrescue »

I want to see creativity dammit! Like a half naked chick sprawled out on mounds of zombie corpses with ghost and pumpkins and shit.....eah I guess that's not too creative, b4 I get off track about the post of spawn shooting, I don't give a shizzer.
CanisFamiliaris

Post by CanisFamiliaris »

I think the spawn protection schema is working, I would say to expand it to 5 seconds though as some maps have larger spawn areas and sniper/mg take advantage of it.

regarding camping? sniper or mg camping toward a spawn point and constantly wiping out people on respawn should get a 30 min ban. they can come back, but only after map is done. maybe they will get the picture.
Anthony
aka CanisFamiliaris
If you ain't dying, you ain't trying

Stealth Albino

Post by Stealth Albino »

I admit I've been scolded once by an admin for priming my nades in spawn, then throwing them once my feet are out of spawn (like touchdown rules in football). This reflex comes from the times I spent playing on other servers (prior to finding BKW of course) with their orange maps that had no such rules. It seems like a bit of a grey area to me if we're going to say no nading in to spawn as it's "nading out of spawn", sorta.

Mongo wrote:HALLOWEEN MOTD!!!!
YES. :)
2e2-inside

DeUltimaPunisher

Mongo wrote:Ultimate, Once you have made up your mind on the rule can you please edit the rules page and add/remove so every one can be clear on what the final decision is?
Danke.
Next time you do it for me bitch, now go get me another beer whore! :royalty-crown:
COUGAR_BAIT wrote:I agree with Mongo, just decide and change the rules...and For Jesus or whom ever does MOTD that needs to be changed soon :-/
STFU you god damned TROLL! :teasing-nutkick:
bavarianmonkey

Post by bavarianmonkey »

Stealth Albino wrote:I admit I've been scolded once by an admin for priming my nades in spawn, then throwing them once my feet are out of spawn (like touchdown rules in football). This reflex comes from the times I spent playing on other servers (prior to finding BKW of course) with their orange maps that had no such rules. It seems like a bit of a grey area to me if we're going to say no nading in to spawn as it's "nading out of spawn", sorta.

Mongo wrote:HALLOWEEN MOTD!!!!
YES. :)
There's no rule against priming nades in spawn as far as I know. Who warned you about that??