Any one use a free music organizer? If so what do you like? :D
Kriegs<>Schwein

Re: Music organizer

Post by Kriegs<>Schwein »

Whats a music organizer ?
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Software that organizes your music files on your computer. You can also call it a music manager. Same thing.
Swag

Post by Swag »

I personally like google play, you can sync to the cloud using the desktop app and play music from your phone. Another great app is spotify, similar to pandora but much more intuitive, downside is the $10 a month service fee.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Not what I was talking about swag. I wanted to organize my music on my PC.
Pandora sucks. You search for an artist and it plays one song then you never hear the artist again.
streaming I still like Winamp. The channels are better and if I want to listen to one artist there is generally a station that plays just that artists music. That and Winamp doesn't record your preferences and use it to throw adds into your browser.

I shy away from clouds or otherwise known as network storage. That data is not secure no matter what they tell you.
Swag

Post by Swag »

I used winamp for years then I switched to DJ pro for a while, the app was too resource intensive, so I checked out play. I know what your looking for...figured Id share my experience with play and spotify. I agree 100% Pandora sucks! as for security, im not worried about it I only store music and pics. I run a NAS at home to store important data.

Check out vlc, open source, light, no ads and no spyware.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

Organizing music is a pain in the ass, Itunes yes can organize music pretty well...but you got to be carefull because what happend to me i let it manage everything and by artist to instead of album...which is even worse because now my music folder is a long list of single songs and such...

itunes is a music manager, and media player but i tend to only use it to update phones and put music on the phone

also a quick search on google....zune if you can find it for windows 7 or win8 or xp or whatever system your running (linux +wine or another wrapper)
Foufis

Post by Foufis »

Hi. A few days ago I bought an music organizer that is realy good. I found it here: http://www.dias-soft.eu (This is the main page of Dias Soft)

I think this is the pest software ever. Finally, I can orgnanize my music into folders according to the artist of the song. This is really good. Also, I can make a backup of all of my music when I want!!

Here the features of OSDA (copy-paste from Dias Soft):

1. You can select the location to store your organized music files.
2. You can keep your music folder to its original state, as it was before the organization.
3. You can make backups of your music files. Scheduled backups are supported. Also, backups can be made every time you need.
4. You can create and edit playlists. After the creation of a playlist, you can burn the music files into CD / DVD, using any burning tool. So, you can easily prepare a music list for a party, or a list for your car, or for any other use.
5. You can play your own music through the media player of "OSDA - Music Organizer" and if you want, you can save the current list.
6. With a smart rating system, you can organize the songs in grades from the best to worst, according to your own preferences.
7. By using the "Deep Organization" you can immediately rename the folder of the artist and the artist's name will be updated in all the music files of the folder. It is made without being necessary to rename the songs one by one. A mask can also be used for a more better organization.
8. It is possible to rename single songs through the software itself.
9. It supports MP3 and WMA files.

You can always download a trial for 15 days, as i did. You can find it here: http://www.dias-soft.eu/software/catalo ... ucts_id=30
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Not sure I am looking for pest software.