Wireless Connection issue

Discuss issues or anything you need help with here. Please keep it computer/game related.
Frostbite

Wireless Connection issue

Post by Frostbite »

Hey whores, so I just moved to Texas for further training, but when I got down here I can't connect to the wireless internet in my house for some reason. I can connect to the router, but only get local access and no internet (I'm bumming internet off a neighbor that didn't password protect their shit to try and figure this out). I've tried the diagnostics through windows and all that shit but it's just telling me to reset the router over and over and that isn't working. Any help here so I can actually get a decent connection??
Frostbite

Re: Wireless Connection issue

Post by Frostbite »

Oh, I also have my pc set up to automatically detect ips so that shouldn't be the issue either. I know the internet works cause my roommates are using it no problem.
Rediseal

Post by Rediseal »

Uninstall the wireless adapter and reinstall. Also make sure in your internet settings under lan settings is set to auto detect settings.
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

alright, I'm not really sure what I did to fix it, but it wasn't working after trying a whole shit ton of troubleshooting ideas and I slapped the router and it works... good old american way of fixing things, beat them until the submit.
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

try to go into the router and set up your router to only brodcast to your specific computers (mac address) safety first (unless your neighbors are computer nuts they will try to get in anyway