Keyboard

Discuss issues or anything you need help with here. Please keep it computer/game related.
Kriegs<>Schwein

Keyboard

Post by Kriegs<>Schwein »

Haveing a problem with my keyboard.It comes and goes ... sometimes when typeing in Y chat ill press a / and a small letter e' sign will come up ,its almost like the board is typeing a diff language ! Have tried a brand new board and the same thing happens ! Does my computer need a witch doctor ?
bavarianmonkey

Re: Keyboard

Post by bavarianmonkey »

i had that problem with the @ sign

try hitting shift+ctrl together twice when you see that come up and see if that fixes it
So stehen wir im Kampf allein
Durch Blut geschweißt sind unsre Reih'n.
Den Blick nach vorn, die Faust geballt!
Die Straße dann von unserm Schritt erschallt.

Liveandletdie

Post by Liveandletdie »

I was going to type you how to fix but http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html this is a way easier solution and explanation. Cheers Live
Kriegs<>Schwein

Thanks guys i wont have to find a Witch Doctor. LOL
DeUltimaPunisher

Post by DeUltimaPunisher »

The problem is a bug in windows when you setup your Region and Language to English (Canada). For some stupid reason that is beyond me, Microsoft listed the Canadian French keyboard under English (Canada) in the settings.

So even though you may have the US keyboard set as your default, as long as that Canadian French option is there, some programs like Steam have problems so, for example when you hit the "?" key you get "É" instead, because the keyboards have a slightly different layout.

The way to fix this problem is very simple. Delete all other keyboard options other than "US". Most of the time when you have multiple keyboard options listed, a keyboard icon will appear in the Notification Area on the right side of the Task Bar. Just right click it and go into "Settings" You should see a tree Under "EN English (Canada)" -> Keyboard -> Then a list with US, Canadian French, and possibly Canadian Multilingual Standard. Select the Canadian French, and possibly Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboards one by one and hit the "Remove" button then hit the "Apply" button to finalize everything.

If you don't see the little keyboard in your notification area, you can also get to the keyboard settings in your Control Panel under "Region and Language" Select the "Keyboards and Languages" tab, then hit the "Change keyboards..." button. You will see the keyboards under the General tab.
Kriegs<>Schwein

Thanks Pun.
Liveandletdie

Post by Liveandletdie »

Wow Punisher, you should write fucking manuals for Microsoft :)
Kriegs<>Schwein

Hey Pun i did like you said and my keyboard works 100% now . Thanks again.
bavarianmonkey

Post by bavarianmonkey »

Liveandletdie wrote:Wow Punisher, you should write fucking manuals for Microsoft :)
Atleast it would make sense :lol: I think they probably have monkeys outsourced from Europe to write their manuals -- oh wait...
So stehen wir im Kampf allein
Durch Blut geschweißt sind unsre Reih'n.
Den Blick nach vorn, die Faust geballt!
Die Straße dann von unserm Schritt erschallt.

Kriegs<>Schwein

I heard they had monkeys traning pigs to do that shit !
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

The pigs got pulled off of it because we needed bacon. :D