Web Design

Discuss issues or anything you need help with here. Please keep it computer/game related.
Shakira

Web Design

Post by Shakira »

I was asked by my dad to design a webiste and manage it for him for his photography business...

Where would i even start..
I looked around and seen that blogs are the way to go because they are free...but he is looking to make his website his own for professional feel and look for customers when they buy his prints..

I looked at the bottom of this page and saw that phpBB is open source but seems only capable of using it for a simple straight forward forum style...
Then again i know nothing at all

Thanks for any help
specially where to get started to start designing this website for him..

OH and BTW again No game play for quit some time boys i am now considered a forum whore...
Mongo

Re: Web Design

Post by Mongo »

I use Ipage for two businesses that I have done for people. It is cheap and you have a lot of options to choose from. They host it so you do not have to worry about having a server.

Here is one I threw together

www.Lakewood-vet.com

Once I learn wordpress it will look better. They have some simple webpage design tools.
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

Awesome will check that out..
He likes the minimalistic idea that alot of pre designed webpages and websites have...

This i hope is pretty simple will have to get a basic computer like a g4 or g5 powerbook and do simple coding and then look at doing it for my dad

Awesome this is going to be a fun trip learning this all thank you so much mongo for the quick reply and simple straight up answer for what im mostly looking for a cost effective way to set up a photography site that can show off samples and have customers buy prints through the website (ecommerce i think)

Thanks again if anybody else has some suggestions throw them my way im going to be stuck doing this for quite some time..(Dont drink in arizona and piss off people not worth the time spent in jail)
Swag

Post by Swag »

Another option is sites.google.com its super cheap and comes with tons of free templates to choose from. The templates look good and not too cheesy but you do have the option to create your own.

registration is free, only thing you need is a gmail account. One you complete your registration you can design you site before purchasing the domain name via google.

Wix.com is also free and offers simple to use tools and templates to create your site.

Here's a site I worked on.

http://www.drumsyncacademy.com/

Hope this helps!

Swag