Reviewing Demos

Discuss issues or anything you need help with here. Please keep it computer/game related.
Kriegs<>Schwein

Reviewing Demos

Post by Kriegs<>Schwein »

I cant fig. out what to do to watch demos on banned players .I press watch demo and a Bink error comes up.. The BinkW32.DLL file is installed in the windows or windows system directory it must be installed in the application diretory. I than press OK and ...The Setup file 'game info,txt' doensnt exist in subdirectory 'hl2' check your game prameter or VCONFIG Setting. Have i SCREWED something up ? Any help would be appreciated + ( a free pack of bacon)
Sarge

Re: Reviewing Demos

Post by Sarge »

so when you want to play a demo you load dod:s, go into console and type "play demo (demo name)" right? cause if you're doing that and you're getting that error, i have no clue, but if you're not doing that...try it.
-Sarge.Xr

Kriegs<>Schwein

Its when im in soruce bans , and a player has had a perma ban + a demo of his hack...etc.Right hand side of ban it says " Review Demo " if there is one. It than goes through the list i had in my first post.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

hmmmm when you click 'review demo' it should just pop up your web browsers downloader, at which point you want to save it in your dod folder

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\your_email@email.com\day of defeat source\dod

once you put it in that folder, load dod:s, go into console and then type what i told ya in the first post.

now if it's not letting you save the demo....i have not a clue, mongo or punisher, or one of the tech savvy folks will have to help you
-Sarge.Xr

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

It should bring up a save profile for the demo as it has to be saved to your computer for you to review it
Kriegs<>Schwein

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner. I tryed what you said Sarge but, i dont know if i put the demo inthe right file.do i just drop it into the file you said or do i open it up and drop the file into ; bin or config or dod or hl2 or platform or debug ? Bare with me im a Dummkopfe when it comes to cps .
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

go to computer\C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\"your user name"\day of defeat source\dod

then just save it there. when you open game you open console, type playdemo "demoname" and it will play
Kriegs<>Schwein

Thanks Frost ill try it
Kriegs<>Schwein

I finally got pig headed and fig. out how to view demos .Big thanks to Sarge + Frostbite.It will be nice to review demos and see how these hackers work + look like .Thanks again Bros.