sound bytes

Discuss issues or anything you need help with here. Please keep it computer/game related.
Lucky

sound bytes

Post by Lucky »

Can anyone tell me how to get sound bytes? I think they're fun and adds life to the game. Thanks!
Frostbite

Re: sound bytes

Post by Frostbite »

no one is allowed to run any programs like that except for the uber admins because otherwise the server would be chaotic with noise... sorry
bmh

Post by bmh »

I really wish that all admins were together on this "rule". I have had admins ask me to play a sound for them, I have had others tell me that I can't play sounds, I have had some say that the reason for the 10 second rule (sound bytes from non admins only gets to play for 10 seconds) is to keep things under control, and I have had admins tell me that the rule depends on who the admin is at the time (which I think it totally B.S.). I played them for quite awhile before anyone told me that it was against the rules. If it was already allowed by an admin I was playing with and another comes on and tells me that I can't play them, then how am I supposed to know? I hate to point a finger but I blame this on a lack of all admins being on the same page when it comes to this rule.

I'm not going to say any names but another Blitz member contributed to getting the sounds to work again after the server was reset(?) a few weeks ago and said at the time that the person who turned the ability back on had no trouble with them as long as players weren't out of control using them and there were no complaints. I would think that someone with the ability to control server functions would be considered an uber admin. The only people who have complained to me are those who feel that I am breaking this rule - and truthfully, so far that has only been two people. The rest of the admins I play with at night have as much fun as I do with them.

If an uber admin tells me that I shouldn't be playing the sounds anymore then I will follow the rules set by them. Otherwise, I'm really confused here and wish someone (preferably an uber admin) would clear this up.

Thanks.
I die a lot!

penis
Charizard

Post by Charizard »

damnit I wish I could join you guys.. I still haven't figured out how to fucking fix steam and play a game yet.
The Jesus

Post by The Jesus »

Guys, HLSS is ALLOWED to be used by all Blitz members. Non members are restricted to a 10 second playback. You can use HLSS, but don't spam the shit out of it and if a another member is annoyed, they could simply admin chat to you and request you tone it down.

END OF STORY.

:dance:
bmh

Post by bmh »

Thanks for the clarification!
I die a lot!

penis
CMDRRABB

Post by CMDRRABB »

Also, they should be in "good taste". Some sound bytes are diffinatly not acceptable on the server. Also I like to see them under 5 seconds. It can be annoying when your trying to talk to another player and keep hearing someone's sound bytes.
[img]http://blitzkrieg.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/324_random.png[/img]