edelwise

Suggest Maps to be added/removed, then comment and vote on them.
ChickenBong

edelwise

Post by ChickenBong »

i would love to see efelwise back on there has been alot of people asking for it I think we nead to bring it back Please..pretty please..Also shity map that nead to be fixed is lemmon fun map but cant cap last flag..also another that neads to go it rainbow arena...rainbow sucks bad.. my 2 cents worth PLEASE EDELWISSE :dance: :clap: :drool:
ChickenBong

Re: edelwise

Post by ChickenBong »

ChickenBong wrote:i would love to see efelwise back on there has been alot of people asking for it I think we nead to bring it back Please..pretty please..Also shity map that nead to be fixed is lemmon fun map but cant cap last flag..also another that neads to go it rainbow arena...rainbow sucks bad.. my 2 cents worth PLEASE EDELWISSE :dance: :clap: :drool:
p.s I CANT SEND YOU A COPY OF THE MAP IF NEADED PLEASE... :mrgreen:
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

you can't?

but I do agree that lemon either needs to be fixed or removed
ChickenBong

Re: edelweiss

Post by ChickenBong »

:dance:
ChickenBong wrote:i would love to see efelwise back on there has been alot of people asking for it I think we nead to bring it back Please..pretty please..Also shity map that nead to be fixed is lemmon fun map but cant cap last flag..also another that neads to go it rainbow arena...rainbow sucks bad.. my 2 cents worth PLEASE EDELWISSE :dance: :clap: :drool:
and that is edelweiss... and Thunder we nead back on the server please and remove lemon rainbow island terradome.. i have a few new maps that i have seen on banana ill get there names and put up...
doomhammer

Post by doomhammer »

I would like to see this map on the server again. I think BMH said he might have a copy of it without the glitches in it. I know alot of the other admins would like to see it in the rotation again as well. :clap:
bmh

Post by bmh »

I have every map and add-on for every game covered on GameBanana (I host a mirror of their files - including the crap unfortunately) and several others. Not sure of the glitch in Edelweiss but I have a copy that I know I have played on before. If anyone knows of the glitch I can check it out first - unless it has something to do with the max players not being 32.

Lemon needs to go. Fixed or not it is a shit map anyways. So is applesauce. The only decent fruit map IMO is lime.
I die a lot!

penis
bmh

Post by bmh »

After some investigation I have found that there are two versions of Edelweiss. The original was called s2 and the second one was called b3. I don't know where a copy of s2 is as it was replaced in 2007 but I have the changelog for it so someone who knows of the "glitch" can see if it has been addressed.
Changelog from "S2" version to "B3":

- replaced Cabins with Models made by TheSurgeon (whoop, nice stuff!)
- increased fps in some critical spots
- fixed brush related problems and minor mapping faults all over the map
- retextured large parts using SpineRoyals most excellent tudor textures
- changed Flag system from 1 2 3 2 1 distribution to six flags in a 1 1 2 2 1 1 system
- added seventh cable car, smoothed path of the cabins along the map
- removed lots of sniper spots, also had a smokestack installed to limit sight along ravine
- did some optical finetuning, changed lighting a tad
- added teamwall near allied tunnel entrance
- did a full-final HDR compile for maximum joy ^^.
So here is b3. When you click the link ignore all of the advertising and look for the tiny blue "Click here to begin your download!" link.

http://www.gigasize.com/get/9lgj0bv9lkb
I die a lot!

penis
bmh

Post by bmh »

Edelweiss is back! We also now have orange_advance, granville, pacific_b1, and wakeisland1942. Some of you might remember those from the old days.

Thanks Punisher!
I die a lot!

penis
keevin87

Post by keevin87 »

Nice. That's awesome :D