Map alterations

Title says it all
Charizard

Map alterations

Post by Charizard »

Hey if you guys have any ideas for our current maps that need fixing/altering, let me know. Just go ahead and give me the map name and specifics on what needs to be changed and I can then hand the new maps over to ultima or whomever to be uploaded to the server.
CMDRRABB

Re: Map alterations

Post by CMDRRABB »

How about a "Nuke-em" option for whatever side I'm playing on? lol. I think most maps that we have, have been run throught he gauntlet already. In other words, if they didn't work or had flaws, we didn't run them. But it's a nice offer to do. :ugeek:
[img]http://blitzkrieg.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/324_random.png[/img]
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

I can't remember the name of the map, but it's a castle type thing with the center flag being a double person and a bell rings when it's capped (trying to describe it)

main problem is the doorways into the castle: everyone gets stuck on them as they try to run through.
Sgt_Rock

Post by Sgt_Rock »

Charizard
thanks for the offer and effort. My only suggustion is too many orange maps allow shooting in/out of spawn. Some could use a wall or something? when i find one i will write down the name and see if you agree.
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

Frostbite wrote:I can't remember the name of the map, but it's a castle type thing with the center flag being a double person and a bell rings when it's capped (trying to describe it)

main problem is the doorways into the castle: everyone gets stuck on them as they try to run through.
I beleive its called castle ^_^
Charizard

Post by Charizard »

Possibility I might not have that map if we haven't played it when I've been on, but I'll take a look.

Options for not shooting/throwing nades in/out of spawn most likely a solution. There are plenty of noclip entities available so I'll take a look-see. Would definitely cut down on all that yelling at idiots. :think:

Edit: Just thought of this Sgt - Couldn't agree more that given that's a huge rule for us and can be often a problem on orange maps. The easiest solutions to that would have been for the map creator to have placed the first flags farther away from spawn to help prevent something like that to happen. I'm not saying that I'm going to alter spawn or anything, but whatever you guys deem necessary for all the favorites I can see what I can do. Just that since the maps were designed the way they were, makes it more difficult to prevent spawn camping. To be honest, the goal here is mainly to fix simple things that have been over looked since most of the maps we play aren't exactly complete and not major map alterations.

CMDRRABB: 'nuke-em' option can easily be done in a few minutes depending on how you want it haha. The easiest solution is a server-side fix for admins. Obviously you can put in other options to just insta-nuke the other team via game mechanics, but I won't unleash that power for all of you :twisted: ..... or will I? :?:

Obviously there are problems because I hear complaints all the time. These are basic fixes like cliping to keep player models from getting stuck on objects, to any other minor defects that are lying around. Just because the map looks 'nice' or is run enough by us whores, doesn't mean there aren't any small fixes that are needed to make gameplay that much better.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

there's a similar problem on cherry remix arena, where when you are running up to the center flag you sometimes get caught on the ramp.
it occurs on the allies side i know for sure, but i'm not sure if the problem also exists on the axis side of the map.
[img]http://blitzkrieg.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/5988_random.png[/img]
Charizard

Post by Charizard »

bubbles wrote:there's a similar problem on cherry remix arena, where when you are running up to the center flag you sometimes get caught on the ramp.
it occurs on the allies side i know for sure, but i'm not sure if the problem also exists on the axis side of the map.
I'll take a look at it when I fix my computer once I get back home. I can't think of anything off-hand that would make someone get stuck on such a simple brush itself. Otherwise it would be that at the bottom of the ramp where the two brushes meet, weren't layered properly or maybe another physics entity brush thats hiding out somewhere.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

if i recall correctly, i believe that it's actually towards the top, right where the ramp connects to the flat portion.
[img]http://blitzkrieg.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/5988_random.png[/img]