That D-bag, Elix

General discussions
Elix

That D-bag, Elix

Post by Elix »

Hey, whores. Giving you all a heads-up that my desktop decided to take a huge shit on itself. It locked up while I was in-game, just around bedtime. I decided to pop into my Linux environment to run updates since I hadn't done them for a while, and then reboot back into Windows and get to bed. Well, all went fine until I tried to reboot back into Windows. Machine shut down properly, and then stayed down. Refuses to do anything.

I'm thinking the power supply is fucked. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a replacement right away so you guys can continue pumping me full of hot, oozing, salty... lead. Bullets. What were you whores thinking?
:dance:

My netbook works fine (typing on it right now) but there's no way in hell it'll run DoD, so someone needs to make sure Tuscany gets a rocket in the face for me while I get this shit fixed.
grimmy

Re: That D-bag, Elix

Post by grimmy »

Hurry back elix and ill have a hot facial waiting for you too, A ROCKET i mean :dance:
"Don't SWEAT the PETTY things, and don't PET the SWEATY things"
Charizard

Post by Charizard »

first, check the connections in the tower. Make sure everything is nice and snug. Also try changing to a different outlet in case; I've had some outlets go bad before. If no luck, then it could be either your power or maybe even fried your motherboard, though thats usually a problem with laptops and overheating, which doesn't sound likely.
Elix

Post by Elix »

Hey, whores. Just an update. Definitely not the power bar or the cord, since everything else on the bar works and my monitor cord doesn't have any effect either (and my monitor's powered just fine).

Currently, I suspect that the power supply is toast. Or, the power button is, in which case I can just swap leads with the reset button and turn the reset button into the power button. However, I have to wait for payday to buy components, and I'm going to have to rip the entire box apart to swap the button leads, anyway, and it's going to be a giant mess, so I just haven't had the energy to pull everything apart. I'll be trying this weekend. Hope you guys haven't been having any fun while I've been gone. No fucking fun allowed.
:naughty:

Just kidding. Keep being the most fucking awesome DoD whores on the planet, guys. I miss you all (even those hot throbbing ROCKETS in the face, Grimmy)
Elix

Post by Elix »

:auto-dirtbike:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack. Left my computer unplugged for a week, plugged it in and tried the power button for shits and giggles, and it started up just fine. I guess it wanted a vacation.
PvtTuscany

Post by PvtTuscany »

As always, Grimmy and I will have more than enough rockets for every part of Elix's body......just our way of saying hi! Or for those a bit older who my remember a movie with Ryan O'neal..... Rocket's Mean Never Having to Say I'm Sorry! :lol: :lol: :lol: