map issues

Discuss issues or anything you need help with here. Please keep it computer/game related.
Sarge

map issues

Post by Sarge »

so for some reason i'm unable to play jagd, caen_b07, and strand. tried deleting the map files, but still crashes DoD:s for me...anyone have any suggestions...short of uninstall-reinstall. and this crap started happening to me about 2 weeks ago? i think after one of the updates. and its not a server issue, cause it does it with any server, as long as it's those maps. not sure which other ones are doing it as well.
-Sarge.Xr

Frostbite

Re: map issues

Post by Frostbite »

I would go back through and make sure you got every file in your steam folder that has to do with those maps. you might have missed some somewhere. Other than that I do not know.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

all i can say, is i hate steam :evil: never had a problem with it til they switched to the tf2 engine. now i have problems left and right.

in addition to the map issue, i started not being able to connect to any server. i'd load the game, bring up my server list, it would display all the server with info on each one...but when i'd try and connect it would say "server not responding". i'd close the window displaying the server info, refresh my server list and it would still display their correct info, but wouldn't let me connect due to same issue.

because of this i deleted my steam folder, re-installed steam. just found out that really did nothing. still cant connect to servers (was able to briefly at 4am but that's it). fuck steam, i hate you , and i hope you die!
-Sarge.Xr

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

fuck! now after i load DoD:s and try to connect to a server, and fail miserably...i quit steam and it causes my internet not to work. cant connect to any web page for about 4 or 5 minutes after i close DoD! FUCK THIS SHIT!
-Sarge.Xr