Skins

Title says it all
Ripper

Skins

Post by Ripper »

What are you guys using as custom or different skins/sounds. In the old forum there some links posted to some decent packages, I was using....well I can;t remember what I was using...anyway awhile back I installed Windows 7 64 bit, to take full advantage of the ram I had bought. I ended up doing a full install and lost some of my DoD stuff, including the skins, now I am using the default ones. What are you using and how do you like it?
Mongo

Re: Skins

Post by Mongo »

Gonzo wrote:Skins just really slow down your computer if you dont have a good graphics card to support it!

if you have a shitty computer
Zooks24

Post by Zooks24 »

im using the waffen SS skins for germans and the 101st airborn skins for U.S. much better than the default and gives ya somethin new to look at while playing
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
~George S. Patton~
Fistymcbeefpunch

Post by Fistymcbeefpunch »

This was the link from the old forum

http://www.wiledod.com/

Click the link on the bottom right its the Visual Upgrade Package.

It has plenty of good skins and also has a DOD HD PACK which changes sounds skins flags the whole 9. Its an installer that you can choose which parts you want to keep and which parts you wanna replace.

I use it, its pretty much the best pack ever, He also has some stand alone skins which are really good.
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Thanks very much, I will look at the link when i get home from work. :shhh:
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

Any CS:S Skins for the new update? I think it's 1.6?!
Stealth Albino

Post by Stealth Albino »

Fistymcbeefpunch wrote:This was the link from the old forum

http://www.wiledod.com/

Click the link on the bottom right its the Visual Upgrade Package.

It has plenty of good skins and also has a DOD HD PACK which changes sounds skins flags the whole 9. Its an installer that you can choose which parts you want to keep and which parts you wanna replace.

I use it, its pretty much the best pack ever, He also has some stand alone skins which are really good.

Giving this thread a bump because of the awesomeness. Just installed these a couple days ago and it makes DoD:S even better. Easy to install: Just run the executables. If you get confused, each file has a readme.txt for assistance. New weapons sounds, model skins, weapon models... I just played on my laptop last night (which doesn't have the mods) and the difference is awesome.

Note: Will pull more system resources to run these. If you're already running at low settings, this may not be your best option. Could be worth a shot though.
2e2-inside