Calling for Donations Again

General discussions
DeUltimaPunisher

Calling for Donations Again

Post by DeUltimaPunisher »

Dear Blitzkrieg members,

For quite a few years, Blitzkrieg Whores 18+ has provided thousands of gamers in our community with free access to the best Day of Defeat: Source Server in the world. This access is made possible through the generous donations of our members and regulars.

Six months ago, your generous donations helped purchase the rent of NFO's server, web space, and GameMe stats. Without such generosity and support, none of this would have been possible.

This time, our goal is to raise $1000 to keep our server going for at least another 6 months, with all its current features intact. These funds will also go towards funding future projects planed to improve our server and the gaming community we serve.

We hope you will join us in reaching our fund raising goal by October 20th, when the next server payment is due. A simple donation can be made online by using the donation form in the upper left corner of our home page http://blitzdod.com.
Mongo

Re: Calling for Donations Again

Post by Mongo »

Why is it so much this time?
grimmy

Post by grimmy »

No $$$ left over from last donation drive???
"Don't SWEAT the PETTY things, and don't PET the SWEATY things"
DeUltimaPunisher

It's not that much more than we usually collect... It costs just under $150/month to keep the server running. I'm just aiming for a couple hundred extra this time to fund some projects I have in mind.

One plan I have includes having some Blitz swag made up that we could sell on our website. Another project I was thinking of, is a theme change of the main website to more closely match the theme of our forums. The themes cost about $50 each, but it's not needed for us to survive. A leader is allowed to have a vision, isn't he?

I'm also hoping by aiming a little higher this time, we may even collect enough to go a whole year without asking for donations again. If we could achieve such a goal, that would rock.

So really if we can collect $700+ we will be just fine, I just have some dreams to make us better is all.
Max

Post by Max »

Just shot $20 your way. Thanks for everything Punisher!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

same here sent you 256 pesos :clap:
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

The big 20 sent
DeUltimaPunisher

Gonzo wrote:can we get some type of progress bar so we can see how much we are still in need for ?
Sure, but what should I set the goal for? The $700 we really need to survive? The $1000 I'm aiming for, or $1400 to go a whole year? The reason I don't want to do that is because as soon as we reach such said goal, people think we don't need donations anymore. There has been several occasions where the extra $100 or so bucks left after a drive has helped me bring added features to the site. The biggest examples are when I started renting our webspace, subscribing to GameMe for our stats, and purchasing themes for our website and forums.

Last time we had a small reserve, but I wish it was more. I really wanted to have some swag like shirts, hats, and mugs made up to sell in a store section of our site. But I simply didn't have the funds to make it happen. Why are you so concerned with putting a cap on the amount we take in? The more we collect, the longer we survive.
hypra

Post by hypra »

set progress bar to 40grand, enough for the base population to take a trip to vegas for a few days.
Sgt_Rock

Post by Sgt_Rock »

$15 sent.

Sgt Rock
CanisFamiliaris

Post by CanisFamiliaris »

$30 sent....another 30 people at that amount....almost on top 8-)

have you thought about asking the community for some web template support? some may be able to support this, were not all dead head gamers.... :mrgreen:
Anthony
aka CanisFamiliaris
If you ain't dying, you ain't trying

DeUltimaPunisher

Thanks for all the donations to date everyone, so far we have collected about $150.

That's a good start boys and gals, but if we're going to keep this server going, we need to pick up the pace here. We need at least another $550 within 3 weeks to meet my minimum goal of just keeping this ship afloat for another 6 months.
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Am currently on vacation in France, will be home in a couple days and will send you some cash then. :D
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

waiting on the next pay check. Will send in when I can
DeUltimaPunisher

CanisFamiliaris wrote:$30 sent....another 30 people at that amount....almost on top 8-)

have you thought about asking the community for some web template support? some may be able to support this, were not all dead head gamers.... :mrgreen:
Thanks for the donation, and I don't really need any template support. I gave up building websites from scratch a long time ago... While I was in school obtaining my IT certificates, I was introduced to content management. I personally have become quite fond of Joomla for websites, and phpBB for forums. I'm a huge Open Source fan, and I love playing with the code whenever I can.

Most of the templates floating around out there are actually free, in the true spirit of open source, but there are a few developers like RocketTheme who create very professional Joomla, phpBB, Drupal & WorldPress themes. They are also in the habit of making matching themes, so your Joomla site (Our Website) and phpBB forums (Our Forums) would look the same. They not only make it look the same, but actually develop tools and add-ons to help better integrate the two.

I originally got us a matching theme for free, but I got tons of complaints on the way the forums looked, and went out hunting for a theme that more closely matched the old forum's look. At the time I only had enough left in the reserve to purchase the forum's theme, and left the website on the free theme.

Like I've said, this is just an idea/request. It's not needed and is truly something we could live without if we don't collect enough. I just want people to understand where their money goes, and how they help improve the server in ways other than just paying our rent to NFO.

BTW: The total collected is now $160
Hillary

Post by Hillary »

donated today
bmh

Post by bmh »

Will donate as soon as I get paid again. :D
I die a lot!

penis
DeUltimaPunisher

Hillary wrote:donated today
Thanks Hillary, you are awesome brother!
hypra

Post by hypra »

done.
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

Frosty just chipped in.
Ryder 141

Post by Ryder 141 »

100 in the kitty from yours truely
nOeViL

Post by nOeViL »

Glad to see we hit 700 already!!! good job team. Probably the fastest drive Ive seen.

I just donated as well to try to meet Kurt's goal.

Keep up the good work!
Splatted!!!!!

Post by Splatted!!!!! »

I have$200 comming again, but will not be in paypal until 28th.
SPLATTED!!!!! :)
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Gonzo wrote:
lancekeenan wrote:I have$200 comming again, but will not be in paypal until 28th.
SPLATTED!!!!! :)

thats too late.@ donation is needed by the 20th!

We always accept donations. When we are not doing a donation drive we still bank what ever we get in between and use it towards the next drive.
DeUltimaPunisher

:happy-jumpeveryone: Congratulations Blitz Crew !!! :happy-jumpeveryone:

We have met our goal of collecting $1000, so we now have enough to go another 6 months and a surplus to help some of my dreams for the future of the server to come true.

But please don't stop sending in your donations, we still have 2 weeks before the server payment is due, so if we collect another $400+ we could say screw the surplus and just use it to pay for an entire year.

It's up to you guys! Our Main goal has been achieved, now the question is, are we up to the challenge to push for the goal of going a whole year without another donation drive? With 2 weeks left, I got this feeling we are more than willing and able.

I :romance-heartbeating: you guys, without you none of this would be possible. GROUP HUG! :romance-grouphug:
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

we made it with a lot more time to spare this time around too!
hypra

Post by hypra »

good job guys
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Donation sent :D
Torched

Post by Torched »

Ive been on vacation for a while so I am just now sending $50.00.

FYI Punisher if you do not recognize the account its my wifes. I did put my steam id on it though.
COUGAR_BAIT

Post by COUGAR_BAIT »

DeUltimaPunisher wrote:
the best Day of Defeat: Source Server in the world.
http://blitzdod.com.
we're actually ranked 5th best! last I checked...