Calling for Donations Again

General discussions
DeUltimaPunisher

Re: Calling for Donations Again

Post by DeUltimaPunisher »

COUGAR_BAIT wrote:
DeUltimaPunisher wrote:
the best Day of Defeat: Source Server in the world.
http://blitzdod.com.
we're actually ranked 5th best! last I checked...
Well actually most of the servers above us use tactics to increase their rank. And some are just popular because they run the same map all day.

If you remove the servers using tactics like re-direct servers and/or bots to make their servers look full 24/7 when in fact they are not. And also the few servers that only run a single map 24/7 due to their pure boring-ness. We "technically" are the worlds #1 ranked Public DoD:S server.

We only fall behind in the ranks because our server population drops to about 10 on average in the wee hours of the night. If we had more admins playing during these hours to keep the good maps coming, the server would stay full all night. I can take an empty server and have it full within a map or two late at night.

Just some food for thought.
wafflemaker

Post by wafflemaker »

Yea, i hate those re-directing servers with bots and shit. It gets my hopes up that there are people playing but ended up being an empty boring server. Thats also the reason I started playing in Blitz last year or so when i took up DOD:S again since a huge break from DOD original. Well keep up the good work guys, I really do appreciate the work you guys put in to create a bang on gaming environment for my lonely days where I fap too much and have nothing to do.

-Joe
grimmy

Post by grimmy »

Made donation today. And will KEEP donations coming throughout the year as usual. :dance:
"Don't SWEAT the PETTY things, and don't PET the SWEATY things"
Splatted!!!!!

Post by Splatted!!!!! »

Sorry my donation is late but I got it together a day early, best I could do. $200 sent now.
SPLATTED!!!!!