HELP WIKILEAKS SURVIVE

General discussions
BullDogg

HELP WIKILEAKS SURVIVE

Post by BullDogg »

HAVE A UNIX BASED SERVER AND WANT TO HELP KEEP FREEDOM ALIVE?? HOST A WIKILEAKS MIRROR!!!
http://www.wikileaks.ch/mass-mirror.html
Doeshk

Re: HELP WIKILEAKS SURVIVE

Post by Doeshk »

shall I try 2 hack wikileaks server? :shhh:

that'd make me famous... or just another freek with a puter :ugeek:
ImageImage
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

fuck wikileaks... there are military men and women who are put in harms way because of the tool that posts that info. I'm all for freedom of speech and shit, but that guy put people's lives in danger.
slut

Post by slut »

Frostbite, please spend 5 minutes actually reading the cables and not listing to the media hype, there is NO personal information such as troop locations uploaded to the Wikileaks website.

I completely understand where your coming from, IF anyone’s in danger it’s from an indirect result of War with an embarrassed nation, and not from the release of the cables them self’s.

There are hundreds of volunteers and paid staff reading and analyzing all of the emails prior to their release, otherwise I would have to admit this would be an act of terrorism.

That said, I assume this topic is incredibly political and should not be discussed on this server … considering all of us are sheep and have no control over these situations.

At the end of the day Frostbites right, Bulldogs right and I am just a fucking Canada.
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

I have to say that there has been some info leaked that put people in danger. It is to the point where no military personel are allowed to access the website. but... who knows, they might be overreacting yet again
GirlScout6

Post by GirlScout6 »

Actually..... There is locations posted... in MGRS format Ex. MB 34245-63563. Anyone with a Map can identify that location. As well as releasing the State Dept. sensitive locations is a no no as well.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate.
jinjaben

Post by jinjaben »

isn't the dude that founded wiki-leaks being extradited to Sweden on rape charges? Fuck wiki leaks....plus what frostie and girlieman man said.
ImageImage
bmh

Post by bmh »

Operation:Payback (A.K.A. Anonymous)

'nuff said!

Sorry, I can't and won't help in this matter. I am on the other team! WikiLeaks is shit (not "da shit").

Don't understand what I'm talking about? Google the first line of this post (sans parenthesis).
I die a lot!

penis
Doeshk

Post by Doeshk »

bmh wrote:Operation:Payback (A.K.A. Anonymous)

'nuff said!

Sorry, I can't and won't help in this matter. I am on the other team! WikiLeaks is shit (not "da shit").

Don't understand what I'm talking about? Google the first line of this post (sans parenthesis).

Here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZNDV4hGUGw[/youtube]
ImageImage
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

i remember that shit
hahaha well at least we know that we can still look at it all and wonder for ourself weather its true or not
sex acts in sweden shit yea i want me a swedish lady friend there gorgeous

Support something that is causing more problems :D
secrecy ohhh nooooo fuck if you want to see shit go out to those random ass fucked up countries to see them for yourselves instead of supporting what "might" be factual information ??
:P:P

much love to you all though keep your heads up
DeUltimaPunisher

Post by DeUltimaPunisher »

I'm sure there is some law out there that would qualify you as a terrorist or a traitor, if you were to support wikileaks in such a fashion. I would seriously be-careful about what you're actually doing... This site is releasing top level secrets, that is some serious fire to be playing with brother.
semtex

Post by semtex »

Yeah freedom of information is fine and well but I seriously doubt thats what is motivating him.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Freedom of information is fine to apoint. there are things that need to be kept out of the publics eye. Take for instance when that idiot geraldo rivera gave troop movement information on live tv. he should have been put in military prison for that dick move.
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

Mongo wrote:Freedom of information is fine to apoint. there are things that need to be kept out of the publics eye. Take for instance when that idiot geraldo rivera gave troop movement information on live tv. he should have been put in military prison for that dick move.
here here! :clap: !
Stealth Albino

Post by Stealth Albino »

Frosty, as someone who's been in and out of the service and used to share your opinion at an earlier point in my life, I think this sort of freedom of information is a necessary evil in our current time. Our brothers and sisters in arms are going to continue to die so long as our nation employs a standing military force, but you know full well our bases (in the current AoR and the rest of the world) aren't going anywhere anytime soon. If anyone wishes to contest that, my inbox is at your disposal. Anyway, bad shit happens and good shit happens -- but I think people have rights to certain truths -- and if the government needs to learn to evolve its security systems to keep that information in check, then it needs to step it up a few notches (rather than making a big stink about it in the news) then that's my taxpayer dollars at work. When I was posted overseas I remember seeing a report that some VA employee had lost a laptop containing thousands of vets SSNs. You call that security? I call that an IT clusterfuck. The sooner they improve network security, the safer our military and civilian networks will be. Last I heard the Navy and the Air Force were debating over who is going to be the big kid on the cyberspace battlefield (and in my experience as a sergeant, bureaucratic hissy-fits tend to slow down productivity). Trust me sir, don't fuck with your IT guys. I know of incidents of DoS attacks on Captains who irritated the IT department as well as tappings of [unclassified] phone conversations. And that's just stuff I may or may not have done. And while I'm at it, as you progress through the service, be nice to your comm guys and they won't fuck with you. =D

On the other hand, arresting a guy on a rape charge and focusing on another "criminal" charge entirely angers me as it detracts from the fact of the matter -- that he sexually violated an unwilling participant. My degrees of severity as far as ethical violations may differ here, though. I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but rather a realist. Take the following examples from your resident comm sergeant:

1. U.S. Identifies Vast Mineral Riches in Afghanistan
2. U.S. Department of Energy Survey of Iraq's Oil Reserves
3. The most basic of military positioning/maneuvers.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. These are a few seemingly credible facts and my interpretation thereof. The spirit of dissent will never perish dude, so long as there exists something to dissent against. And [with all due respect sir,] rank especially aside [because one does have fewer freedoms/opinion options in the service], the opinions of someone in mine or your position definitely aren't going to accomplish that either. Someone's gonna have to put some hard work in somewhere. All I can hope is that it's all based upon how you determine the facts and not heresay.

I am though in favor of your guys' stance on Geraldo Rivera. Someone should have made an example out of him -- say one thing, do another -- S.O.P. in politics in my experience. Don't finish painting your picture of me just yet -- I'm a soldier to the end, I love my country, but I don't believe everything I hear anymore either, not unless I see some credible facts.
Last edited by Stealth Albino on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
2e2-inside

Dracunos

Post by Dracunos »

I totally support such a website.. In theory.. But why does this world have to be soooo damn complicated.. There can't ever be any simple answers, can there? Even the most noble of causes as this can cause untold amounts of damage to who knows who. It's truly sad. There's no right answer, in my opinion. We are all just fumbling around on this planet grasping straws, trying to do our best, and even the best intentions have negative consequences. Just ask Einstein.

I, however, agree with as much open information as possible. The only problem is it can give more power to 'the people', which I think is really stupid because 'the people' are controlled. Nonetheless, a world that we are heading toward with so so much information freely available to almost everyone, despite the negatives, should overall be a good thing. Maybe it can even alleviate some of that 'control' over 'the people'. I have a feeling we will barely recognize this world in another hundred years. Hell, who from 100 years ago would recognize it today? Things are changing so fast.. There WILL be horrible consequences from our current point of view. Horrible ones. It's only a matter of time. It's the nature of change, though.

I for one hate the media situation in America right now. I can not BELIEVE that people can honestly look at the news and honestly take it seriously. It amazes me to no end that people can look at those ridiculous plastic faces and the ridiculously obvious spin on everything and take it so seriously.. People only want to hear what they want to hear, and that's just wrong. Don't get me started about the way our great capitalism system degenerated into mostly mental BSing and manipulation over actual product/service/price concerns. More proof of the controllable nature of the sheep/herder world we live in.

The real world is out there whether you choose to see it or not, and it's the world that matters, in my opinion. It should be the one everyone is forced to see for better or worse. The 'shut up and color' mentality is going away. We'll survive it. I don't claim to not be extremely ignorant, though. I'm sure we all are.. I'm sure there's a little tidbit of info out there somewhere that we'd all hear and be like.. what. I wouldn't be surprised if the most seemingly stable of countries in the world completely ceased to exist in a relatively short time. Everyone is so overconfident because it's 'always been that way'. But change is as inevitable as death.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

The problem is that most of the time there are simple answers. Peoples imagination gets them into believing dumb shit. There is so much information out there. The problem with that is that there is so much bad information. People believe shit they see instead of investigating themselves. On top of that most poeple do not have experience or knowledge how to inestigate on their own. They go to a certain website that is not creditable instead of looking at the experts in the fields they are investigating. They tend to gravitate towards idiots on their soap boxes. they find meaning in nothing only because they want to see something that is not there.
PsychoStriker

Post by PsychoStriker »

:think:
Appleseed

Post by Appleseed »

wikileaks.. meh..i don't even bother take a look at it as there is nothing we could do to anything, ya it is secret stuff and public know it and complain.. but that is outcome of it... nothing... ya so far all i see is people got pissed at each other and no real affecting our life or the government.. we are just ants and sheep of this world, so fuck wikileaks it is piece of useless shit, i rather play a hour of DODS on blitz whore server than pay attention to it.