What would you do?

General discussions
+Desert+Fox+

What would you do?

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

Been having discussions with friends and family about a country wide revolution and or Zombie attack (take your pick). Basically an event that would cause us all to go into survival mode. Do you have a plan? Have you thought about what you would do? These are things I have asked myself plenty of times. Here is a brief overview of questions you might ponder...

1. stay or leave? is your current residence a safe place to hold up in?
2. Are you equipped to defend yourself? A gun is choice but do you have other means of weaponry?
3. Supplies. Are you stocked enough? Will you need to acquire rations?
4. Transportation. Do you have the means necessary to escape if needed?
5. Members of your party. Choose wisely, can you trust the people you live with/around?

This has been the topic(s) of conversation frequently. Your thoughts...
Torched

Re: What would you do?

Post by Torched »

Don't listen to Gonzo. He hears the word zombie and he runs and hides like a little girl in the bathroom.

My opinion- Zombie attack is way better than a full blown human revolution. I don't relish the thought of killing people so much, but I was born to slay zombies. In fact I am currently trying to get a part in a new Zombie killing movie being taped up here in Talkeetna Alaska called "Frost Bite". It's a very B movie.
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

That sounds awesome Torched! I almost got picked to be a walk on Zombie for AMC's The Walking Dead mini series. But I think Alaska is much scarier than Georgia HAHA.
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

what are you trying to say Torched????

as for killing zombies, I believe there would be enough weaponry to go around if you could survive the initial stages of it. While some of us know how to fight, there are others that don't
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

good point. Its the initial stage that will get most of us HAHAHA.
bavarianmonkey

Post by bavarianmonkey »

Day of the Dead 70s version Zombies = surviving chance.

Day of the Dead 2000s version Zombies = fucked.
So stehen wir im Kampf allein
Durch Blut geschweißt sind unsre Reih'n.
Den Blick nach vorn, die Faust geballt!
Die Straße dann von unserm Schritt erschallt.

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

I'd steal some armored vehicle off of whatever base I'm at at the time, and then go from town to town and gun store to gun store. never staying in the same place too long.
Torched

Post by Torched »

Well, looks like I've got a part in the movie and yes Frostbite, the movie is actually called "Frost Bite".
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Shut up cry-baby

My wife and I were back in MT where she is from and we were looking at the real nice house there(we were not lookin to buy, we just like old houses). We loved it but realized we could never buy it because of the location of it. Not the town it is in but the area in the city.
This brings up the question of places not to live if a zombie attack happened.

1. next to a funeral home
2. next to a cemetary
3. any scientific research facility
Torched

Post by Torched »

Holy Crap, to think I used to live across the street from a cemetary. WTF was I thinking.

So what resources are necessary:

Swords, Axes and other bladed weapons are a must to have in your survival room.

I think small caliber weapons are preferable to large caliber weapons due to the fact that you have to get a headshot anyway.

Autos are great and all, but they do jam so its a good idea to have a revolver as a backup.

Probably a good idea to have water, food and gas mask incase it is a viral outbreak that starts the whole thing.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

have you ever read those zombie survival guide books? they are pretty funny.
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

for the bladed weapon, it needs to have the reach as you don't just want a hand knife to use
grimmy

Post by grimmy »

I love this post Fox. STFU Gonzo. An important point you brought up is TRUSTING the peeps around you, because in EVERY movie i've ever seen about zombies there is always that Whiny Ass CRYBABY that freaks out and usually gets someone cool and useful KILLED. I have a plan in play, not so much for zombies but for end of the world loser fucks who will be trying to steal my shit. It includes food(dehydrated) water, weapons, transportation,maps,medical supplies,gas masks,camping equip,and a meeting spot. Also have told Family members to just be ready to MOVE when the time comes.
"Don't SWEAT the PETTY things, and don't PET the SWEATY things"
Crypt-keeper

Post by Crypt-keeper »

I wont lie, IF I find myself and another being chased by a zombie, you can bet I'm trippin' the motherfucker next to me and not lookin' back.
Torched

Post by Torched »

Note to self- When Crypt knocks on my bunker, post viral apocalyps, pretend no one is home.... Can't trust that MF.
Triggerhappycanadian

Post by Triggerhappycanadian »

LOL I always ask that question at work....

I may be Canadian but i'm armed.
7 hunting rifles
2 colt revolvers
1 9mm glock
enough ammo to take panama
and various farm tools that can help.

As for revolution
I think I would completely "RED DAWN" that bitch. (Those of you that don't know RED DAWN, go watch it. It's what you need to do when the Russians invade.)

Me and close friends have made plans :P
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

It is great you have tons of ammo but that is only good if you are not mobile. ammo can slow you down due to the weight. If you have a safe house and stay mobile all that ammo can help...until you run out.
best is to make a defense that will allow you to keep the zombies out with out having to use ammo.
bmh

Post by bmh »

You can also follow the "if you can't beat them, join them" motto. A Zombie apocalypse would severely deplete our sources of living females. I guess I could lower my standards a bit if this was all that was left to choose from.

:lol:
I die a lot!

penis
Torched

Post by Torched »

Holy Shit BMH. I threw up a little in my mouth. Thinking I may have to invest in one of those "real dolls" for my bunker.
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

don't hate cuz we want to shoot some zombies ok Mongo!
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

I like to kill zombies like the rest of you but you need to conserve ammo. :dance:
Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

yeah bmh... I agree with torched, that's nasty.
there's bound to be at least a couple living females left, and look on the bright side, those still around can handle their own shit
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Way to much time....
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

Ripper, I agree with your chart 100%. I think about zombie apocalypse way more than anything that may actually happen haha. BMH fortunately for you, like someone else brought up, there will be some women left, hopefully for us a good combo of hot and deadly. Torched, a life sized silicone based sex doll would be emotionally and physically attentive to the psyche and if you were alone or with only other men would keep the hormone levels down hahaha. However I hope my zombie apocalypse is like that movie Zombieland and there is a hot con-artist chick and a funny red neck to keep me company in Bill Murray's mansion. Although its unlikely here are my plans and stipulations for the up coming end of the world. A surplus of dry foods, clean water (I have a well on my property) a gas generator, fuel supply, ammo, weapons (almost all of these already obtained). I would also like to establish a society of survivors but only admitting people who can contribute something to the society. I live in a log home in the mountains so fortifying is somewhat simplified with the natural abundance of trees/ building material. I'd reinforce the house, create booby traps on my long, steep driveway. establish communication with neighboring houses. establish a resupply route to the nearest known source. Enjoy shooting zombies that by this time plaque the U.S. and possibly the earth. Also locate some kind of back-hoe or tractor with the same appliance for clearing the road of debris or traffic jam or road blocks. Then I'd sit back and watch Denver burn in chaos while i crack a beer and zero in my scope.
Triggerhappycanadian

Post by Triggerhappycanadian »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlZh9-NQEyI

This guy has the right idea for what to build when the zombies come.