Restoration project

Share gaming and non gaming videos here.
+Desert+Fox+

Restoration project

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

Just thought I'd post a video of my 71' vw bus. just got a motor into it yesterday. check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ILlV9Z0uo
Last edited by +Desert+Fox+ on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bmh

Re: Restoration project

Post by bmh »

I had a 1966 21 window. Bought a fuel filter from what I thought was a reputable parts store. Drove it about 3 miles before it caught fire and burned to the ground. Investigators said it was because of a faulty seam on the fuel filter. I sure miss that old bus. No amount of money could replace it. :cry:
I die a lot!

penis
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Great you showed a video of you starting it. But how about actually showing it?
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

That sucks bmh, thats a bad way to go. Mongo I meant to put up a different video, so once i get my camera back ill put up the other one.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

LOL dork

would like to see the hippy bus though. :)
Coupon

Post by Coupon »

my lady built a bad ass vw baja bug its really neat
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

Oh Hai gais, ill just leave this here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ILlV9Z0uo
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

Here is my other car. 1965 mustang, complete resto. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d3kMlcC0
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

Damn Fox! That Mustang is absolutely gorgeous. It is my dream to do that someday.

Out of curiosity what was the grand total for you to resto that Stang? And when I am ready will you be my expert to help me?!

Dave
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

Thanks, well it being a coupe made it cheaper than doing a fastback, but all in all id say about 10,000 but i did most the work myself and the car had quite a few usable parts already on it. so depending on the shape of the car thats my number. If you decide to restore anything i'll gladly give you all the advice i have.
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

+Desert+Fox+ wrote:Thanks, well it being a coupe made it cheaper than doing a fastback, but all in all id say about 10,000 but i did most the work myself and the car had quite a few usable parts already on it. so depending on the shape of the car thats my number. If you decide to restore anything i'll gladly give you all the advice i have.

Cool thanks for the info. I was more hoping you would be my expert hands on help as I have never really worked on cars seriously besides minor things like changing my oil etc! I can dream right?
+Desert+Fox+

Post by +Desert+Fox+ »

well if you need physical help I can help you, but im in colorado atm. where are you? other wise if you're not semi local i may have trouble helping hands on haha. What have you got planned anyway? are you buying a rolling chassis or starting with a running car?
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

Yeah I am here in Louisville near Boulder. We have chatted before, we both have Tacomas. :D

Anyways, not trying to put you on the spot, lol. I am probably a year minimum from even considering these things. But to answer your question, probably somewhere between a rolling chassis and a running car. Don't really know for sure.

Dave