Crypts new Computer

Title says it all
Crypt-keeper

Crypts new Computer

Post by Crypt-keeper »

So finally was able to upgrade my system from an AMD 64 3700+ (single core) and 1.75gb of DDR ram.

Now I have:
AMD Phenom II x4 3.2ghz 955 black
Asus M4A87TD EVO motherboard
4x 2gb Corsair DDR3 1333 RAM (8gigs total)
Nvidia GTX 450

Now instead of getting 15fps on Normandie Fight arena I get close to 200. Hell of a difference. :dance:
bobo-claus

Re: Crypts new Computer

Post by bobo-claus »

Crypt-keeper wrote:Now instead of getting 15fps on Normandie Fight arena I get close to 200. Hell of a difference. :dance:
I remember those hell-ish days man. So I know what you went through and now are experiencing. If it was even possible, but I look forward to playing even more. (the 24" LED monitor helps too though. :twisted: )

Congrats man! You'll love ALL the maps now....oh....and don't forget about the smoke. Won't me an issue anymore! Fuck the smoke!

Crypt-keeper

Post by Crypt-keeper »

Yea, just put Fallout 3 and Dragon Age 2 on and tried those in comparison to using the old system and wow... just wow. Wish I could spend all day playing today lol. Keeper wont allow it since there is other shit to do but I find myself back at the computer and then under her glare when she notices lol. So my new motherboard accepts SATA 6.0 but, will it even transfer at that rate? I'm going to be getting a new HD here soon and there is one thats only $60 for 1TB and Sata 6gbps. Any thoughts on the 6gbps?
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

The transfer speed is faster then sata 2 (3 GB/s)

# 6 Gbit/s for scalable performance when used with SSDs

meaning if you get an ssd (they are still pretty damn expensive) the speeds will be alot better with the new sata 3 controllers...
the vertex 3 has em and most of the newer ones have em..or if your ballsy and have the money get a REvo ssd ( goes into a pcie sot.)

But you will not see those speeds at transfer it just is better connection which will have better transfer but not at 6Gbit/s

You should get witcher 2( i am its going to be sick)
Appleseed

Post by Appleseed »

grats man
i wish i could get a new pc.. i am so regret that i put together a 250 dollar pc in a hurry when my last one got fried. i seriously wish i had chance to build a better pc but oh well back then i am like i needing finish my final project soon and i don't have time so i just grabbed everything that is cheap to come by easy. now i can't even play total war with my current pc

btw try crysis 2 see how the graphic goes
Rediseal

Post by Rediseal »

Grats on the new pc. I just built mine about 3 weeks ago. Just about done tweaking everything where I want it and will be posting soon.
TheEmgee

Post by TheEmgee »

When will Keeper get her own computer? When will I see the day when both Crypt and Keeper play at the same time (on separate accounts) on the server. I wouldn't mind the challenge of dominating the lovers simultaneously.

- Emgee
Splatted!!!!!

Post by Splatted!!!!! »

Gratz :dance: on new computer. Do not forget to turn everything up you had backed off to smooth out old one. Everyone remembers the feeling of the first game on the new system...... It's always amazing :) 8-)
See ya soon.
Splatted!!!!!
<SK> | IcePick

Post by <SK> | IcePick »

sup crypt.

i likes it. i went with amd as well, bought this rig about 4 months ago.

amd 2 times 6 1055t processer 2.80 gh
8 gigs ram
64 bit operating system

amd radeon hd 6870 video card w/ 1 gig ram ( ready for another video card if i want)
gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ultra-durable 3 motherboard

corsair 750 watt power supply

7 inch fan on top, 4 inch on back with room for 4 more fans

case is by antec.

23 inch led moniter by lg