Windows 8

Title says it all
Mongo

Windows 8

Post by Mongo »

I am using windows 8 at work now. Testing it out and evaluating it. So far it is better than what I have seen and heard. There is a nice feature most of you will like. When typing in your browser, it used word to spell check (doesn't seem to check grammar though. It may be a setting). Our forums will look smarter if people upgrade to this LOL.

Navigation is something to get used to. I will keep you guys posted on any interesting things that I find.
bmh

Re: Windows 8

Post by bmh »

I have a few posts on my blog about Windows 8.

http://it-thoughts-observations-bmh67wa.blogspot.com/
I die a lot!

penis
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

I have developer version of it. A lot of people need to realize it is a work in progress and things are not final.
My version of windows 8 looks a bit different than what you have posted. My computer at work had no issues with drivers. everything runs smooth. Navigation is a little rough. especially when you are looking for certain amdin things. There will be a bit of tweeking that is for sure.
I am still a little iffy about the start menu. I am bugging my boss about getting me a touchscreen monitor so I can play with those features.
bmh

Post by bmh »

Mine is the developer version too. I just wish I had a touchscreen and the MS apps store had some offerings so I can try out some more stuff. I really am hating the Metro UI though and have it disabled. I have a vmware image if anyone is interested. The only driver issues are with video and USB3 (if you have that) due to the limitations of the hardware emulation of the virtual machine. I'm sure it would run properly on an actual PC. My Windows Experience score with the vm is a 2.0 due to the video but all other ratings are 5+. Just another option if you don't wan't to actually install Windows 8. VMware Player is free.
I die a lot!

penis
Appleseed

Post by Appleseed »

hmm... seems windows 8 is quite good from what you guys saying but is windows always have 1 bad 1 good pattern?
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

I use removable drives so I can just pop a new one in and monkey with it.
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

Guess im going to have to feed BMH blog to keep up with what users around the intornet are doing with new software and such..
Argh if only had a 42" touch screen this would be perfect

Glad to see others toying with windows 8 keep it coming guys...:D
Strider

Post by Strider »

Nice guys. I just bought an Acer 3G Iconia Tab with Win7 on it - which has promptly been erased to make room for the WIN8 Dev preview build too.

Very nice. Since I love Windows Phone already (my WP7 Blog = http://wpdownunder.com ) Win8 seems a natural extension of this mobile OS, with the added bonus of a "retro" Win7 interface when I need it with 1-click.

Shd have some more on my Blog about Win8 soon too :D

l8r guys.
bmh

Post by bmh »

Some guy made a mockup of Steam on Windows 8 using the Metro interface. This site is busy at times and loads slow so be patient! The screenshots look awesome and I rather dislike metro myself.

http://www.winsupersite.com/blog/supers ... tro-140629
I die a lot!

penis
nOeViL

Post by nOeViL »

I cant believe those bastards made it look like a fone.... They aren't helping the PC game cause or anything for that matter.

On another note, Win8 Server is amazing, and good friends in Redmond wont shut up about the features. Sorry some stuff I can't disclose. :x
Mongo

Post by Mongo »